AIR 2.3.1 release went live in mid August. Now that most people are back to work post-summer vacation, we thought we'd tell you about what's new. This release focused on optimizing AIR to facilitate the collaborative and team-editing work of the PIN Bureau, as well as deal with a few bugs, and move PIN over to new servers at APM/MPR. Thanks to Peter for the big push, and to Rebecca Blatt at the PIN Bureau for working with us on defining the specs for a number of these items.
(Any links on items below are to relevant support.publicinsightnetwork.org documentation.)
Workflow and production improvements:
* Bins are now searchable and mappable. (Go ahead: Do a little dance on this one!)
* Improved some tooltips and documentation for email scheduling and query authorizations.
* Email signatures are now group write-able, so you can more easily send email on behalf of another User in your Organization.
* Fixed email signature "stickiness" when multiple users are crafting an email.
Stuff in the background:
* Our new hardware should speed up page load times.
* Some internal improvements to speed up page response times, especially on the main home dashboard.
* Some internal improvements to how search indexes are updated should mean faster speeds and more real-time performance.
Other smallish tweaks:
* PINfluence RSS feeds now pull from all the Projects in an Organization, rather than just the default Project.
* CSV and Excel exports now send email with a link instead of an attachment. This is a workaround for email systems that limit the size of attachments.